ALL HOMEWORK IS SET ON SEESAW.
Please contact school if you have misplaced your login- we can provide you with a copy.
Top Tips for helping your child with Homework
- Keep a designated 'homework area' at home. Somewhere preferably where you have a flat surface, paper and pens readily available. Make sure any distractions are avoided e.g. turn off television
- Help keep a routine for your child when it comes to homework. Let your child decide when they want to do their homework but try and keep a regular time.
- Ask your child to give you a bit of background on the homework and why they have been set the piece. This should open up discussion and help their enthusiasm.
- Do be aware of modern teaching methods, e.g. in long division. Try not to teach your child methods you used at school. It could confuse them.
- Express high expectations in terms of presentation and quality for children from an early age. This will help them to complete homework to the best of their ability.
- However tempting it may be, refrain from completing your child's homework for them.
- Praise and encourage your child to help boost their confidence.
- Allow yourself enough time to help your child with their homework. By showing a interest you are communicating the fact that school work is important and needs to be taken seriously.
- Homework is due in on a Thursday and is set on Tuesday.
- All Homework must be completed on seesaw.