The governors of Faith Primary School have adopted the diocesan scheme of work 'Body and Soul'
The aims of RSE at Faith Primary School is:
- To encourage pupils' growth in self respect, acknowledging we are all created in the likeness of God.
- To help pupils develop an understanding that love is the central basis of relationships.
- To help pupils to understand the nature of relationships and to encourage them to reflect on their own relationships and respect differences between people.
- To develop pupils' confidence in talking, listening and thinking about feelings and relationships.
- To help pupils acquire the skills necessary to develop and sustain relationships.
- To offer sex education in the wider context of relationships.
- To ensure that pupils understand the way that humans reproduce
- To ensure that pupils are prepared for puberty.
- To ensure that pupils protect themselves and ask for help and support when needed.
- That the children recognise the importance of family life
- To help pupils to develop a healthier, safer lifestyle.
- To prepare pupils to play an active role as citizens and to understand the Catholic vision of what it means to be citizens of the Kingdom/reign of God
As part of our commitment to you, we will hold a meeting annually for the parents and carers of children in Year 5 and 6 to discuss the programme.
You have the right to withdraw your child from this aspect of the curriculum, however, this should not be confused with curriculum Science, which is statutory.
If you require further clarification regarding this aspect of the curriculum please contact either Mr Mackenzie or Miss Wilson.